40% U.S. Silver Coin Bags


Silver Trading Company is pleased to offer a convenient and guaranteed way to own silver: $1,000 face value bags of circulated U.S. 40% silver-clad Kennedy half-dollars minted between 1965 and 1970. These Kennedy halves (1965-1969) are known as "clads" because they are clad in silver.

In the mid-1960s, as the price of silver increased and the U.S. government sought a lower cost form of coinage as an alternative to the 90% silver content coins minted previously, the U.S. Mint began producing Kennedy half-dollars composed of an inner layer of 79% copper and 21% silver, sandwiched or "clad" with an outer layer made up of 80% silver and 20% copper. In total, each coin was made up of 40% silver and 60% copper, or 0.400 fine silver. These coins were the last regularly circulated U.S. coins containing any silver.

Each $1,000 face value clad bag includes 2,000 Kennedy half-dollars, which contain approximately 295 ounces of pure silver.

Guarantee of Face Value

One of the primary benefits of a 40% silver coin bag investment is that the bag has a built-in guarantee unavailable with most other silver investments: No matter what happens to the price of silver, the value of your 40% silver bag will never be worth less than its $1,000 face value. The coins are legal tender in the United States, and you can spend them anywhere in the U.S.

Note: 40% U.S. Silver Coin Bags are increasingly rare. Please phone for availability.


Product Prices These are our most commonly sold products, but we have many more!

Hover over product to see pricing.

{{product.name}} (*) (**)

US Price: ${{getPrice(product)}}

Price Outside US: ${{getPrice(product, 'non_us')}}

Ounces: {{product.oz}}

* (15 oz foreign Min) ** (When available)